Voyager Jupiter References
30-day reports from the Voyager instrument teams. (Excerpts from Science,
June 1 and November 23, 1979.)
For further reading, consult the following:
- Showalter, M. R., J. A. Burns, J. N. Cuzzi, and J. B. Pollack 1987. Jupiter’s ring system: New results on structure and particle properties. Icarus 69, 458-498.
- Showalter, M. R., J. A. Burns, J. N. Cuzzi, and J. B. Pollack 1985. Discovery of Jupiter’s “gossamer” ring. Nature 316, 526-528.
- Burns, J. A., L. E. Schaffer, R. J. Greenberg, and M. R. Showalter 1985. Lorentz resonances and the structure of the jovian ring. Nature 316, 115-119.
- Burns, J. A., M. R. Showalter, and G. E. Morfill 1984. The ethereal rings of Jupiter and Saturn. In Planetary Rings, (R. Greenberg and A. Brahic, Eds.), University of Arizona Press, Tucson, pp. 200-272.
- Burns, J. A., L. Schaffer, D. P. Hamilton, , M. R. Showalter 1996 The Vertical Structure of the Jovian Ring. Bull. American Astron. Soc., DPS meeting #28, #18.02